Sunday, February 18, 2007

Veteran participation in Clinical Trails

I have used clinical trails as my advantage;
get documentation for my issues/symptoms
of my undiagnosed illnesses.

As of this date I have been part of 3 study/trials.
I took the data from these studies (lab tests, mri, xrays)
Which are unusual procedures (expensive)
done by civilian universities and sometimes-in
partnership with VA or DOD funding to ask some
Medical question. To win my VA C&P and SSDI claim.

Yet while being examined in the STUDY I could
Demonstration how my complaints/ symptoms
adversely impact my life.

It was not easy for me to got to these STUDIES,
often it was far from my home And transportation
fees were not included. So I had to ask VA headquarters
or VSO's or go to local media to get me to the
STUDY once accepted.

There are other issues, which held me back for
a while from seeking this kind of medical help.
There is a book I had to read before and educate
my self, to handle my fears.
See Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical
Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial
Times to the Present 512p. illus. (0-385-50993-0).

Medical Apartheid is the first and only comprehensive
history of medical experimentation on African Americans.
Starting with the earliest encounters between black
Americans and Western medical researchers and the racist
pseudoscience that resulted, it details the ways both
slaves and freedmen were used in hospitals for experiments
conducted without their knowledge—a tradition
that continues today within some black populations.

It reveals how blacks have historically been prey to
grave-robbing as well as unauthorized autopsies and
dissections. Moving into the twentieth century, it
shows how the pseudoscience of eugenics and social
Darwinism was used to justify experimental exploitation
and shoddy medical treatment of blacks, and the
view that they were biologically inferior, oversexed,
and unfit for adult responsibilities.

Shocking new details about the government's notorious
Tuskegee experiment are revealed, as are similar,
less-well-known medical atrocities conducted by the
government, the armed forces, prisons, and private
institutions.

FEAR is false information appearing real.
This is what I conquered... what I did
battle with, I hope this information can give you strength.

Can get feedback others who took part in a STUDY.
Venus Hammack of PGEV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home